• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Replacement Lamps for JVC TV

Joe, do you know who got your old TV? If so...do they need another or a remote? :jump:

It is currently in our dining area, figure I'll do as you did and put it out front one evening...mexican'ts take anything you leave out. lol

Happy we moved from the 52" to the 55". :shrug: didn't think I'd notice the difference, but sure the hell do.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I don't know who it was specifically but he drove down the block a few days later, noticed my mom outside, and pulled over to say thank you and that it works great. He mentioned something about bringing it to his "work" It looked like maybe he worked for the city or parks department if I had to guess.

SAD

Wants $4.50 Gas
VIP
Not exactly sure... Some time early spring 2014.

I was looking for a 65-70" TV with 240hz refresh rate.... The combination of those two forced you into a 3D and smart TV nearly 99% of the time. I didn't want either of these two features... These resulted in a $2500 price tag and an "ultra thin" model - which subsequently forced you into a sound-bar due to the thinness and crappy internal speakers. So... ultimately a $3k setup by the time all is said and done with tax.

I ran across a 65" samsung model which had 240hz refresh rate that was neither smart, nor 3d..... Paid $1299-ish... $1350 by the time tax was added.... Was clearance model and google searches indicated it was getting pretty hard to find too. Most sites reported, "Only 1 left!!" to get you to buy.

Very nice.

We're just wanted a basic tv and didn't have extra $.....Esp after just moving back in. I'm just a poor white guy.

Ended up w/this for under $600. Has a great picture. :shrug:

Last edited: