• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

ATTN: Proud southerners

Taggart [JU]

Archived
Josh* said:
Or drove through many areas and lived in others. :shush:
I've been all over Birmingham, Huntsville, and the rest of the north half of the state. Stayed there for a month one time. If Alabama has anything to offer other than rednecks and rattlesnakes, I've never seen it.

Josh [JU]

Archived
DHMeieio said:
I've been all over Birmingham, Huntsville, and the rest of the north half of the state. Stayed there for a month one time. If Alabama has anything to offer other than rednecks and rattlesnakes, I've never seen it.

How about this supposed "bombingham" town?

zcubed [JU]

Archived
TJx2 said:
I have difficulty understanding why southerners are so proud of a "heritage" when that heritage made up primarily of racist views and events... and then try to claim they aren't racists themselves.
Racists??? LOL

The War of Northern Aggression WAS NOT about slavery or racism. Over 80% of the Southern fighters owned no slaves. In fact, slavery was first started in africa -- black owning black -- and then, it was the north that first legalized slavery, stateside. Massachusetts legalized slavery while still a colony. Slavery was legal in new jersey up until the start of the war. Ulysses S. Grant's wife owned slaves during the war.

Abraham Lincoln was a white supremacist. Here is a direct quote that Lincoln made during a debate...

I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races...I, as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.
Lincoln was against slavery because he wanted to have separation from the blacks...

Let us be brought to believe that it is morally right, and at the same time favorable to, or at least not against, our interests to transfer the African to his native clime, and we shall find a way to do it, however great the task may be.
In the north, white laborers refused to work with black people, but in the south, white and black worked side-by-side. Connecticut refused to educate blacks because they didn't want them to be equal to whites. New Jersey prohibited blacks from settling there, unless they were slaves. The punishment for a black staying in Mass. for longer than two months was public flogging. Indiana, Illinois, and Oregon wouldn't even allow blacks into their states.

At one point, the states all came together and formed a union. Just as they had the right to join the union, they had the right to secede from that union. The north had been economically oppressive to the south, and once Lincoln was elected, the south believed that their economy would only get worse. Hence, the southern states decided to exercise their right to secede (a right granted in the Declaration of Independence), but the north wouldn't hear of it, so they invaded the south, thereby forcing the south into a war. The north had NO right to attack the south. The south seceded from the north just as america as a whole seceded from britain.

That is why we southerners are proud of our heritage. We took a stand against the unjustness of the north, and claimed our independence from the north in much the same way that america claimed it's independence from the brits. If you are proud to be an american, then you should understand why we are proud to be southerners. If you are not proud to be an american, then i feel sorry for you.

Atl XJ said:
Some southern people do talk slowly, but it in no way reflects their work ethic or intelligence.
:bsflag: I have worked with them for three years and your statement is false. Southerners who speak quickly, work more efficiently and are MUCH more intelligent than slow speaking southerners.

Since I moved to Iraq, I have filled my department with people from AK, MA and VT. Statistically, we are the highest performing department on LOGCAP III. In the past, the only other department with performance that matched ours was the group I had in Kuwait consisting of people from Bosnia, Kosovo and VT.

Not that it matters, but here is my input.

I have lived, not visited, lived in Mississippi, Texas, New York, California, Colorado and Kentucky. People from the North and West, do not understand the history, beauty and culture of the Southern states. It is something that truly grabs your heart when you live there and is why people migrate to the South and never leave. In the Southern U.S. times are slow and peaceful, where men are really men and women are drop dead beautiful with a voice to melt you and personallity to serve you.

I grew up most of my life in upstate NY (outside Albany) and did not really know of southern living until I decided to attend Ole Miss. I was living in San Francisco a year when I decided to go back to college and do it in Mississippi. My previous college was Hudson Valley CC and Siena in NY.

If I had to choose somewhere in the country to live, I would choose the South. You can make fun of them all you want, they are still > you.

On a side perverted note. The best tasting poontang I had, was from a cheerleader in Seminary, MS. They just know how to keep the cooter clean and that is something Northern women cannot get right :nono:. Western women are so-so, usually clean, but not evian water purified clean :rob:

G-BERG [JU]

Archived
Jeepnreb said:
Not that it matters, but here is my input. In the Southern U.S. times are slow and peaceful, where men are really men and women are drop dead beautiful with a voice to melt you and personallity to serve you.

:rob:
the men are men part, what do you mean. i lived in tx for 3 years and was so ready to leave...i do agree that the southern ladies are beautiful...personalities to melt I do not agree, more like "i want this", "get me that"...

G-BERG said:
the men are men part, what do you mean. i lived in tx for 3 years and was so ready to leave...i do agree that the southern ladies are beautiful...personalities to melt I do not agree, more like "i want this", "get me that"...
Men are men - I doubt anything I type here would change anyone's mind or change the JUOT purpose of enraging others. I been here and there, not for a visit, but living. Men in the rest of the country are lesser than the Southern man. I will trust that person you call a redneck, WT, in-bred any day, because they are who they are and never try to hide it. That says a lot about a persons character.

If you got a girl that was "I want" or "get me this", she must of been a tourist from the North :avid: , just kidding. You are welcome to you observation here, I must of faired better in my life than you. I have dated New York, California, Colorado, Texas, Florida and Mississippi girls. I married one from Tennessee. I feel safe in what I stated earlier, more than you do.

On a side note - I lived in Aurora, CO back in the 80s. I first learned how to ski at Loveland. I lived in NY for 7 years, never made it to NH. I always went skiiing in VT, and figured NH was just an extension of VT.

G-BERG [JU]

Archived
Jeepnreb said:
Men are men - I doubt anything I type here would change anyone's mind or change the JUOT purpose of enraging others. I been here and there, not for a visit, but living. Men in the rest of the country are lesser than the Southern man. I will trust that person you call a redneck, WT, in-bred any day, because they are who they are and never try to hide it. That says a lot about a persons character.

If you got a girl that was "I want" or "get me this", she must of been a tourist from the North :avid: , just kidding. You are welcome to you observation here, I must of faired better in my life than you. I have dated New York, California, Colorado, Texas, Florida and Mississippi girls. I married one from Tennessee. I feel safe in what I stated earlier, more than you do.

On a side note - I lived in Aurora, CO back in the 80s. I first learned how to ski at Loveland. I lived in NY for 7 years, never made it to NH. I always went skiiing in VT, and figured NH was just an extension of VT.

other way around NH is holding VT up and preventing it from falling into the atlantic. your first line in this thread really does sum up off topic. it is fun to get people going.

Taggart [JU]

Archived
zcubed said:
Racists??? LOL

The War of Northern Aggression WAS NOT about slavery or racism. Over 80% of the Southern fighters owned no slaves. In fact, slavery was first started in africa -- black owning black -- and then, it was the north that first legalized slavery, stateside. Massachusetts legalized slavery while still a colony. Slavery was legal in new jersey up until the start of the war. Ulysses S. Grant's wife owned slaves during the war.

Abraham Lincoln was a white supremacist. Here is a direct quote that Lincoln made during a debate...

Lincoln was against slavery because he wanted to have separation from the blacks...

In the north, white laborers refused to work with black people, but in the south, white and black worked side-by-side. Connecticut refused to educate blacks because they didn't want them to be equal to whites. New Jersey prohibited blacks from settling there, unless they were slaves. The punishment for a black staying in Mass. for longer than two months was public flogging. Indiana, Illinois, and Oregon wouldn't even allow blacks into their states.

At one point, the states all came together and formed a union. Just as they had the right to join the union, they had the right to secede from that union. The north had been economically oppressive to the south, and once Lincoln was elected, the south believed that their economy would only get worse. Hence, the southern states decided to exercise their right to secede (a right granted in the Declaration of Independence), but the north wouldn't hear of it, so they invaded the south, thereby forcing the south into a war. The north had NO right to attack the south. The south seceded from the north just as america as a whole seceded from britain.

That is why we southerners are proud of our heritage. We took a stand against the unjustness of the north, and claimed our independence from the north in much the same way that america claimed it's independence from the brits. If you are proud to be an american, then you should understand why we are proud to be southerners. If you are not proud to be an american, then i feel sorry for you.
Wow. Where were you indoctrinated with all of that b.s.?

DHMeieio said:
Wow. Where were you indoctrinated with all of that b.s.?
Please remember; the yankees wrote the history books. They won. Your history had the yankee version.

Some of us have a right to be proud. It was mostly southerners in Huntville AL that designed and built the Saturn V that put the men on the moon and brought them back. A bunch of other southerners handled the astronauts and NASA in Houston TX. I was there in Huntsville. There was a hell of a lot of redneck work on that. I'm 98% certain that I have connectors sitting on the moon right now.
Many non southerners have been indoctrinated by movies and television. If they have a dumbass character they always give him a southern accent.
I spent 15 years in the Philly area. Believe me the south does not have a monopoly of dumbasses. I met plenty that were born and bred in the north and they seemed to be the ones with the most bias against southerners. The bigger the blockhead the bigger the bias. Maybe they thought we were in competition with them. All in all I found most of the northern people compable but pretty gullible. They would believe anything about the south you told them. They couldn't grasp the concept that the south had the same stores and huge malls or modern cities with public transportation just like the north. They seemed to think we divided out time between sitting under a magnolia tree sipping mint julep or watching our moonshine still. They had been fed these cliches by TV and film until that was their mindsets. The blockheads that is. Apparently JU has their share also.

Brock [JU]

Archived
Jeepnreb said:

I grew up most of my life in upstate NY (outside Albany)...

If I had to choose somewhere in the country to live, I would choose the South. You can make fun of them all you want, they are still > you.

Uh Oh. A converted Yankee tells the truth. Oh NO. :shreekz:

grigsby [JU]

Archived
Sportacus said:
Please remember; the yankees wrote the history books. They won. Your history had the yankee version.

Some of us have a right to be proud. It was mostly southerners in Huntville AL that designed and built the Saturn V that put the men on the moon and brought them back. A bunch of other southerners handled the astronauts and NASA in Houston TX. I was there in Huntsville. There was a hell of a lot of redneck work on that. I'm 98% certain that I have connectors sitting on the moon right now.
Many non southerners have been indoctrinated by movies and television. If they have a dumbass character they always give him a southern accent.
I spent 15 years in the Philly area. Believe me the south does not have a monopoly of dumbasses. I met plenty that were born and bred in the north and they seemed to be the ones with the most bias against southerners. The bigger the blockhead the bigger the bias. Maybe they thought we were in competition with them. All in all I found most of the northern people compable but pretty gullible. They would believe anything about the south you told them. They couldn't grasp the concept that the south had the same stores and huge malls or modern cities with public transportation just like the north. They seemed to think we divided out time between sitting under a magnolia tree sipping mint julep or watching our moonshine still. They had been fed these cliches by TV and film until that was their mindsets. The blockheads that is. Apparently JU has their share also.
Ima gonna hang with the ol' man on this one.....you said it well Sport.....I actually prefer that there is a negative feeling about the south....I hope it intensifies and keeps the rest of the northerners from coming down here.

Must be something wrong with the north cause y'all keep coming down here like a swarm of skeeters....y'all really should stay up there with your cold and wonderful unions.

Sportacus said:

Well said Sport!

Funny how quick this thread turned around and showed everyone who the true intolerant dumbasses are.