• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

ATTN: Proud southerners

Atl XJ [JU]

Archived
Sportacus said:
Please remember; the yankees wrote the history books. They won. Your history had the yankee version.

Some of us have a right to be proud. It was mostly southerners in Huntville AL that designed and built the Saturn V that put the men on the moon and brought them back. A bunch of other southerners handled the astronauts and NASA in Houston TX. I was there in Huntsville. There was a hell of a lot of redneck work on that. I'm 98% certain that I have connectors sitting on the moon right now.
Many non southerners have been indoctrinated by movies and television. If they have a dumbass character they always give him a southern accent.
I spent 15 years in the Philly area. Believe me the south does not have a monopoly of dumbasses. I met plenty that were born and bred in the north and they seemed to be the ones with the most bias against southerners. The bigger the blockhead the bigger the bias. Maybe they thought we were in competition with them. All in all I found most of the northern people compable but pretty gullible. They would believe anything about the south you told them. They couldn't grasp the concept that the south had the same stores and huge malls or modern cities with public transportation just like the north. They seemed to think we divided out time between sitting under a magnolia tree sipping mint julep or watching our moonshine still. They had been fed these cliches by TV and film until that was their mindsets. The blockheads that is. Apparently JU has their share also.
Well put, and btw, there are a chitload of rednecks in PA. :agree:

Josh* said:
Sincere question here:

I understand the fascination with history. That is reason enough to set aside various historical sites.

But how can you be so proud of your absolute lowest moment? Not only does it illustrate you as racists, its laughable how you are proud that your boys got their asses handed to them, and your lands burned and marred.
I find your ignorance more disturbing. You've allowed the revisionist's bull**** cloud yer perspective.
The war was fought for the same principles that earned our country it's independence from England. Oppressive taxes and goderation from afar that did not care to address a rural and different economy.
Those are the real reasons. Slavery existed under the stars and bars for many more years than it did under the rebel flag, but this is almost always overlooked by the kooks who are too ignorant to discuss the War of Northern Agression. Sure, we fired first, but it was in defense of Northerners being where they did not belong, and doing things they had no business doing.

zcubed said:
Racists??? LOL

The War of Northern Aggression WAS NOT about slavery or racism. Over 80% of the Southern fighters owned no slaves. In fact, slavery was first started in africa -- black owning black -- and then, it was the north that first legalized slavery, stateside. Massachusetts legalized slavery while still a colony. Slavery was legal in new jersey up until the start of the war. Ulysses S. Grant's wife owned slaves during the war.

Abraham Lincoln was a white supremacist. Here is a direct quote that Lincoln made during a debate...

Lincoln was against slavery because he wanted to have separation from the blacks...

In the north, white laborers refused to work with black people, but in the south, white and black worked side-by-side. Connecticut refused to educate blacks because they didn't want them to be equal to whites. New Jersey prohibited blacks from settling there, unless they were slaves. The punishment for a black staying in Mass. for longer than two months was public flogging. Indiana, Illinois, and Oregon wouldn't even allow blacks into their states.

At one point, the states all came together and formed a union. Just as they had the right to join the union, they had the right to secede from that union. The north had been economically oppressive to the south, and once Lincoln was elected, the south believed that their economy would only get worse. Hence, the southern states decided to exercise their right to secede (a right granted in the Declaration of Independence), but the north wouldn't hear of it, so they invaded the south, thereby forcing the south into a war. The north had NO right to attack the south. The south seceded from the north just as america as a whole seceded from britain.

That is why we southerners are proud of our heritage. We took a stand against the unjustness of the north, and claimed our independence from the north in much the same way that america claimed it's independence from the brits. If you are proud to be an american, then you should understand why we are proud to be southerners. If you are not proud to be an american, then i feel sorry for you.
Sing it, man. I'm eatin' this up.
This is the definite stuff that puts the division of the knowing from the hollywood edumacated dumbasses.

grigsby said:
Ima gonna hang with the ol' man on this one.....you said it well Sport.....I actually prefer that there is a negative feeling about the south....I hope it intensifies and keeps the rest of the northerners from coming down here.

Must be something wrong with the north cause y'all keep coming down here like a swarm of skeeters....y'all really should stay up there with your cold and wonderful unions.
Fuggin Carpetbaggers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Jeepnreb said:
Not that it matters, but here is my input.

I have lived, not visited, lived in Mississippi, Texas, New York, California, Colorado and Kentucky. People from the North and West, do not understand the history, beauty and culture of the Southern states. It is something that truly grabs your heart when you live there and is why people migrate to the South and never leave. In the Southern U.S. times are slow and peaceful, where men are really men and women are drop dead beautiful with a voice to melt you and personallity to serve you.

I grew up most of my life in upstate NY (outside Albany) and did not really know of southern living until I decided to attend Ole Miss. I was living in San Francisco a year when I decided to go back to college and do it in Mississippi. My previous college was Hudson Valley CC and Siena in NY.

If I had to choose somewhere in the country to live, I would choose the South. You can make fun of them all you want, they are still > you.

On a side perverted note. The best tasting poontang I had, was from a cheerleader in Seminary, MS. They just know how to keep the cooter clean and that is something Northern women cannot get right :nono:. Western women are so-so, usually clean, but not evian water purified clean :rob:
I will agree on the northern women part. If you ever look at older women in there 30s and 40s you will notice they are mostly ugly as sin. One summer I was in VA and i notice older women were actually pleasing to the eye. I guess it probably has to do with the winters or something??

Atl XJ [JU]

Archived
eRAD1cator said:
I will agree on the northern women part. If you ever look at older women in there 30s and 40s you will notice they are mostly ugly as sin. One summer I was in VA and i notice older women were actually pleasing to the eye. I guess it probably has to do with the winters or something??
Yeah, I think the winters must be really hard on the women up north. :hah:

Just as an instance. The "Pittsburgh plus law" was not repealed until (I think) about 1957. Under this law if anybody in the country or abroad bought steel fhat was made in Birmingham Al you had to pay the freight from B'ham plus the freight from Pittsburgh. Just a little punishment left over from the war of American agresssion.

Atl XJ [JU]

Archived
G-BERG said:
nice avatar Hillbilly Bob!
Nice avatar there yourself. Too bad the Patriots suck now that Charlie Weiss is gone to ND. :jump:

Nice sig too, how fawking WT are you that you think that's something to be proud of?

G-BERG [JU]

Archived
Atl XJ said:
Nice avatar there yourself. Too bad the Patriots suck now that Charlie Weiss is gone to ND. :jump:

Nice sig too, how fawking WT are you that you think that's something to be proud of?
Nice #2 cut...skin head.

BillR [JU]

Archived
Josh* said:
..., but Northerners are definitely better fighters.
Ummm...better study up on that one. :nerd: The north lost far more men than the South did in the war. Better fighters?? ONLY if you have the other side outnumbered!

BillR [JU]

Archived
zcubed said:
Racists??? LOL

The War of Northern Aggression WAS NOT about slavery or racism. Over 80% of the Southern fighters owned no slaves. In fact, slavery was first started in africa -- black owning black -- and then, it was the north that first legalized slavery, stateside. Massachusetts legalized slavery while still a colony. Slavery was legal in new jersey up until the start of the war. Ulysses S. Grant's wife owned slaves during the war.

Abraham Lincoln was a white supremacist. Here is a direct quote that Lincoln made during a debate...

Lincoln was against slavery because he wanted to have separation from the blacks...

In the north, white laborers refused to work with black people, but in the south, white and black worked side-by-side. Connecticut refused to educate blacks because they didn't want them to be equal to whites. New Jersey prohibited blacks from settling there, unless they were slaves. The punishment for a black staying in Mass. for longer than two months was public flogging. Indiana, Illinois, and Oregon wouldn't even allow blacks into their states.

At one point, the states all came together and formed a union. Just as they had the right to join the union, they had the right to secede from that union. The north had been economically oppressive to the south, and once Lincoln was elected, the south believed that their economy would only get worse. Hence, the southern states decided to exercise their right to secede (a right granted in the Declaration of Independence), but the north wouldn't hear of it, so they invaded the south, thereby forcing the south into a war. The north had NO right to attack the south. The south seceded from the north just as america as a whole seceded from britain.

That is why we southerners are proud of our heritage. We took a stand against the unjustness of the north, and claimed our independence from the north in much the same way that america claimed it's independence from the brits. If you are proud to be an american, then you should understand why we are proud to be southerners. If you are not proud to be an american, then i feel sorry for you.
WELL SAID!
Better to be historically accurate than politically correct!

G-BERG [JU]

Archived
BillR said:
Ummm...better study up on that one. :nerd: The north lost far more men than the South did in the war. Better fighters?? ONLY if you have the other side outnumbered!
outnumbered sure, the reality was outsmarted.

BillR [JU]

Archived
G-BERG said:
outnumbered sure, the reality was outsmarted.
care to back that up??
The CSA's strong point was it's leadership. Lincoln wanted LEE to lead the northern armies becaure he KNEW he was the best. Lee was against slavery, but could not "raise up a hand against my native Virginia" The South's generals were (and still are) considered military geniuses for what they were able to accomplish with VERY limited numbers of men and supplies. If the north had the South's generals, the War would've lasted months instead of 4 years.