• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

The World Cup....

neevo

Limey Hippo
seems there is precedent.... people were pissed, but the Germans advanced
Dud(e), you are obsessed with the past. They reacted to it, as you quoted

It's also why every World Cup since 1982 has carried simultaneous kick offs in the final group stage games.
IIRC the winner of one group plays the 2nd team of another group, and vice-verse, so there is a good reason to try and win - an easier match the next time and thus an easier progression to the next round (on paper at least)

Socrates Rules

Sage
VIP
I enjoy watching sports played at a high skill level. I also love the fact that some of the 'Americans' on the team are the kids of GI's still impregnating Euro's 70 years after the end of WWII

Cornholio01

meh, if you don't like it, don't watch. Only have the balls to cry about your wife here, instead of setting her straight, can't help you there.

Leon would be a perfect soccer player. You don't needs arms :D

My opinion, fun to see the internationals, but they play together so little you know it affects the quality of play. Also kind of a bummer to see 4 South American teams chasing 1 final four spot.

If USA passes thru the group, wins the round of 16, it projects a match w/ FRA or ARG. I don't like their chances at all vs. Belgium if that's the 16 matchup.

Last edited:

Cornholio01

USA has qualified for more cups in a row than England, France, Netherlands, maybe others i'm not thinking of. People don't get how tough it is to make the damned thing.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
does canada not have a team? how are these shithole 3rd world teams that pratice by kicking goats heads around in this tournament and canada is not? :puzzled:

mcatdtJEEP

does canada not have a team? how are these shithole 3rd world teams that pratice by kicking goats heads around in this tournament and canada is not? :puzzled:
permafrost and snow from October to June prevent them from being able to practice as much as they need to in order to compete.

Apparently, you have to qualify in the world cup prior to this current round.

but as soon as there is a "world cup" in curling or moose riding.... you can bet Canukistan will be a world power