• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

ATTN: ALL OF JUOT - I have a shocking, sad, and upsettings announcement...

will_m [JU]

Archived

I can't believe no one has mentioned the girl riding in the front seat...who is she? friend? maybe it was explained in the video, I only got through a few minutes. e-harmony girl?
Maybe it's the one who didn't give a complete handjob. :bigcorn:

Manhasset isn't too far, you can still go visit it since I believe v8 Jeeps aren't a hot commodity these days, maybe it is a little different on the north shore.

Hell, even with the problems I would have given you $5k for it - even if it has more mileage than my ZJ.

FWIW, when I trade a car, I do sort of enjoy the last drive as it's the last memory I'll have of the vehicle. But then I move on.

I can't believe your WJ was pretty much worn out with 70k on it, though. WOW.

you really only got $5k for that Jeep? you got hosed. man for someone who makes alot of money, you sure are stupid with it. I got almost as much from my Gaylero.

FWIW, when I trade a car, I do sort of enjoy the last drive as it's the last memory I'll have of the vehicle. But then I move on.

I can't believe your WJ was pretty much worn out with 70k on it, though. WOW.
I wish I'd taken a top down ride in the TJ one last time before I unceremoniously dumped it off at the dealership... but that seemed like too much hassle for a few minutes. :rotflmao:

like faded jeans, jeeps come pre-worn out straight from the factory.
I will say that my WJs felt a little worn with only 40k on the clock. Loose trim, broken down seats, rattles, occasional funny sounds.

I know there is a guy on the WJ forum with something like 300k on his now. That would be interesting to ride in.

She is not an eHarmony girl, she's a long time friend, not married - just broke up with her fiance, and wanted to come along for the ride to see the Infiniti- I didn't think I was going to buy it.

So yeah, I know $5k was on the low side, when I KBB'ed it with the truthful amount of damage and miles it was $5k - $7K or something like that... Proejctor head lights and rocker protection doesn't really raise the value for a trade-in...

But it also took off 8.35% in taxes- so really- what could I have sold it for... someone trying to nicke and dime me down from $7K? They'd feel how lose the drivers seat was and walk away... or they'd try the AC and it wouldn't be blowing cold, or any number of things. Sure I probably could have cleared a few hundred, maybe even a thousand extra if I sold it myself but then I'd be putting down $5K cash, holding 2 insurances for who knows how long until it sells, and have to deal with the selling of it myself. Plus I would do something stupid like see an idiot kid try to buy it and not sell it to them.

And those 80K miles aren't highway miles as they say, I've driven it hard- we've all seen the water and mud flowing through the tires and brakes for the half a day it was stuck in that stream... I punch the gas from every start and brake hard to every stop.

I think you did fine by trading it in. You could certainly have come out a little ahead by selling it private party, but given the condition and the flaws, you did fine. A lot of people don't realize the tax savings, either. You saved $400 or so on taxes, so that effectively gives you $5400 trade in.

You should have taken the modifications off of it before you got it appraised. You might have gotten more for the car without the items that the dealership might remove and you could have sold those individually.

I think you did fine by trading it in. You could certainly have come out a little ahead by selling it private party, but given the condition and the flaws, you did fine. A lot of people don't realize the tax savings, either. You saved $400 or so on taxes, so that effectively gives you $5400 trade in.

You should have taken the modifications off of it before you got it appraised. You might have gotten more for the car without the items that the dealership might remove and you could have sold those individually.
Actually I was there with the appraiser and it was based off of me returning it to the stock headlights and replacing the gutted center console with one that wasn't cut up to fit in the old computer- since I had the replacement center console literally in the back and the stock headlights at home in the box the after-markets came in, he was OK with figuring those in- since the passenger side headlight on the jeep was being held together with duct tape it would deffinitely need to be replaced no matter how I sold it.

If I had to do it then I would have had to get some tools and another person to temp remove the brush gaurd since the headlights won't fit in or out with the brushgaurd in place.