• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Galaxy 4s

Wharf Rat

Ooomph Ooomph
VIP
S3 got here yesterday. Just now put the cards and battery in it and it is charging. First thought. Huge. And light as paper. I am dreading the setup process which will likely last days or weeks.

DH350nWo

Meh
VIP
Went to Best Buy this morning and they refused to sell me one unless I tied it to my contract. I didn't want to do that, I want to work on the phone first before I activate it. Looks like I may just get it from Amazon.

Wharf Rat

Ooomph Ooomph
VIP
S3 got here yesterday. Just now put the cards and battery in it and it is charging. First thought. Huge. And light as paper. I am dreading the setup process which will likely last days or weeks.
Broken camera lens already. What a frail piece of shit.

This thing makes my droid look indestructible.

DH350nWo

Meh
VIP
when they debuted it at Google I/O they said it :shrug:
What was introduced at I/O was the S4 with Nexus, the link you provided was for the dev edition S4. Totally different animals. The dev edition will have touchwiz along with an unlocked bootloader, something the Sprint and T-Mobile versions already have. The dev editions will not be available via the play store, but from their respective carriers.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
What was introduced at I/O was the S4 with Nexus, the link you provided was for the dev edition S4. Totally different animals. The dev edition will have touchwiz along with an unlocked bootloader, something the Sprint and T-Mobile versions already have. The dev editions will not be available via the play store, but from their respective carriers.
they weren't one in the same? oops :dunce: I was just Jonesing on getting my new phone when they announced it all :yup:

DH350nWo

Meh
VIP
they weren't one in the same? oops :dunce: I was just Jonesing on getting my new phone when they announced it all :yup:
Nope. The Sprint and T-Mobile are already essentially Dev editions, since they are nearly totally open. ATT and verizon are locked down and root afaik was just recently achieved. I don't really follow those versions so I cant say for sure. I just know that the Nexus S4 will be sold through the play store and will work on the US GSM carriers, and there are currently no plans to release a cdma variant.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
Nope. The Sprint and T-Mobile are already essentially Dev editions, since they are nearly totally open. ATT and verizon are locked down and root afaik was just recently achieved. I don't really follow those versions so I cant say for sure. I just know that the Nexus S4 will be sold through the play store and will work on the US GSM carriers, and there are currently no plans to release a cdma variant.
root for AT&T and VZW was confirmed before the VZW one came out, they just held off how to do it so VZW couldn't "fix" it

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
root for AT&T and VZW was confirmed before the VZW one came out, they just held off how to do it so VZW couldn't "fix" it